Monday, January 31, 2011

Down, but not out

If you haven't already noticed, things don't always go as planned. For instance, I thought this semester would be a breeze in comparison to past semesters. However, I failed to take into consideration that searching for a job is a lot of work and that having senioritis can be quite the feat to overcome for one who graduates in April.

I'm not ashamed to admit that this past week was not my best week for keeping New Year's resolutions. Yes, I know I didn't even make it to February, but I've learned that I'm not perfect, no one is perfect. Thanks to our Savior Jesus Christ we can repent and try again. I think the true measure of someone's character is whether or not they give up after they fall short.

Here's to me and all of you not giving up. Let's never stop trying to be better and do better. ". . . with God all things are possible." (Matt. 19:26)

2 comments:

  1. Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up, you're almost there and it will feel so good to be done in April. These things seem daunting, but somehow with the Lord's help it all gets done. Hmm, maybe I should tell myself that too.

    ReplyDelete