Sunday, November 6, 2011

Be Grateful!!

This morning I was visiting a gentleman, whom I feel is a very wise man, when he reminded me of these words found in the Doctrine and Covenants section 78 verses 18 and 19.
18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.
19 And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.
The gist of the conversation is that we need to show our gratitude for the things we have been given. If we are thankful for what God gives us, then He will give us more.

This makes sense. If you give someone a gift and they are not grateful for it, how likely are you to want to give them something in the future? Not as likely. However, when they are grateful you will give again and more if we can. God always has more to give.

I have seen that in my life and we are seeing this outpouring of love in our lives right now. We are very thankful for all we have and grateful that God is mindful of us!

1 comment: