Thursday, November 10, 2011

Success!!

Well, I have lots to blog about today, all of which is Jackson related :)

First of all, apparently the third time is the charm!  Monday we had our last doctor's appointment and Jackson finally let us get the picture of his lips!  In fact, it was the first thing that we saw when we started the ultrasound!  I guess Jackson got over his camera shyness, or maybe he was just actually awake this time.  She also printed out a picture of his face for us, which looks much more like a face now than a skeleton (which is what he looked like last time).  Every time I look at the picture, my heart just melts and I get so excited to meet our little guy in a few months. 
Here's his face without labels.  It's ok if you can't see it, it took Shawn a while to explain it to me :)
Some labels to help you see it better!
We also found out at our appointment that our doctor will only let me go 7 days overdue before inducing, so by February 7 we will definitely have our little guy here!

Another exciting development from Tuesday is that we are now at 28 weeks, which officially marks the beginning of the THIRD TRIMESTER!!  It feels good to finally be down to the last leg.  I got to say goodbye to my second trimester with a stomach virus, which gave me quiet the flashback to the first 21 weeks of being pregnant, but all is well now and I'm back to eating and drinking like a normal pregnant woman.  And of course, here is a picture of the baby bump (which is really more of a belly than a bump) at 28 weeks!
Shawn wasn't home, so you get a mirror picture!

And lastly, my awesome friends Rachel, Vilja, and Colleen put together a baby shower for me (and Jackson) last Saturday.  It was great to catch up with friends and family and we got some sweet stuff for Jackson.  Thanks to everyone who was able to come!  Here are some highlights. 

Blanket from Shawn's mom with positive affirmations on the back
One of the few pictures where I don't have a weird expression on my face :)
Homemade quilt and taggie from Luone!
Tommy was our entertainment!

Thanks girls!


2 comments:

  1. So exciting!! Love the picture of his little face. And you look beautiful! Definitely can tell you are just glowing and so happy to be a mommy. Sad I couldn't make it to your baby shower. Was there anything that you didn't get that you really need or want?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought you should know that after we talked after your ultrasound I announced at dinner to Nana K that her future grandson-in-law had a perfect little mouth and was doing well. She knew right away who I was talking about. =)

    ReplyDelete