Tuesday, March 23, 2021

New Year, New Resolutions - 2021

 

Here are some highlights from this year thus far.

We used our stimulus money to buy a new fridge. Our old one was having problems. 

We also got a new set of couches while were at it. The ones in the middle are the old ones we sold.


Jackson turned 9 at the end of January. I guess Court got all of the pictures. He invited some friends over and they had a movie night with popcorn and their choice of candy. He had a great time.





Xander also had a birthday at the end of February. He did the same thing for his party. He loved it as well. Below is a picture of a gift he got. He fell asleep holding it. I thought it was a fun picture.








Court had a conference for Optavia in Dallas. My parents came up to watch the kids so she and I could go together. It was a lot of fun. One day I found the headquarters for Meat Church. This guy sells BBQ seasonings and other BBQ stuff. He also makes YouTube videos for smoking meats and other things. I like to watch his videos to get ideas of things I can do on my Traeger.


We tried some Tex Mex. 


We even had some close friends drive over from Houston to hang out with us. It was so good seeing them again. 


Here is Court looking gorgeous and confident!

 
This is Livie all dressed up for church! She is such a cutie. She also has her sass. We love her.


This must be Sunday night game night. Playing some Jenga. We love to try do games every Sunday night as a family. We like games like, Jenga, Uno Attack, Exploding Kittens, Dominoes and Throw Burrito Throw.


Here is Xander and I twinning. This is his favorite shirt. He was so excited when he realized I had the same one. Just hadn't worn it in a while.


Xander had a field trip to the local pizza place. We were all lucky to go too. We all got to make our own pizzas. So delicious. 



Sometimes, I wear clothes or do my hair in such a way to see if I can make Courtney squirm. Tucking in button-up shirts and parting my hair is one such way.


We got to attend the birthday of friend of ours at Nicklemania. The kids loved that.


It is funny, when I look at Courtney's photos I realize we have done lots of fun things this year. She does a lot better job of catching it all. Here is everyone when we went to clean the church one Saturday morning.


Here the kids are looking great all dressed up for church.


A big milestone this year, this little cutie potty trained! We officially do not have diapers in the house anymore. She was such a rock star and picked it up faster than her brothers. We are so proud of her.


As to resolutions, I am not big on making resolutions. For some reason, this year I made a ton. I started a journal. I want to blog regularly again. I'm trying to read scriptures every day. I want to read the whole Doctrine and Covenants this year along with the Come Follow Me curriculum. With temples being closed I made it a goal to index (take images of documents with important information and digitize them) 1000 records this year. So far it has been going well. 

Part of me wonders if this was to prepare me for a new calling in church. I was called to serve as the ward executive secretary. This means I keep the bishoprics schedules for them. I set up all appointments and participate in bishopric meetings and ward council meetings. This calling will stretch me for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment