Monday, February 1, 2010

For Posting Sake

I'm writing this morning for the fact that I want this to become a habit. Even if I don't feel there is anything special to share, I want this to be part of my weekly inventory of things to accomplish.

Things are going well. Courtney and I are staying really busy. I spent about 30+ hours Thursday through Saturday working on a project that was due Saturday night. However, I think I did a good job at stopping at a decent hour to spend the evening with Courtney. This following Sunday will be three weeks with out a calling in church. I enjoy the break form service, but at the same time I like being a part of things and having some sort of opportunity to serve. I'm told I will have a calling soon. I'll be sure to let you know when it comes.

Courtney is sick with her fifth cold this school year. Courtney is a strong woman. If I were to list her one weakness it would be  being sick. I know that sounds funny, weakness and sick. She is sick so often that it wears her down emotionally really easy. She has a hard time dealing with it. I'm grateful to the doctor who was able to bring peace to her when he said that he too is often sick. He explained that as a teacher or a doctor you are exposed to a lot more strains of the cold virus and therefor catch more strains that a typical person. That was able to help her handle this a little better. School is going well for her. She is staying on top of her classes and coming home earlier than before break. I'm proud of her and enjoy seeing more of her.

Last night we had some friends over for dinner, Wii Super Mario Brothers, and some other games and visiting. The main purpose was to catch up with our friend Ben Sparks and his new wife. Ben is form our freshman ward and recently was married. We also had Richard, Kate and Adelle over, as well as, Cory, Rachel and Tommy. It was a lot of fun. The only sad news is we have all the dishes for dinner and desert still sitting in our sink. normally I would do them right away or when I go home for lunch, but today I have to finish the printed portion of my project today and I won't get home until late tonight. If you know me at all you know I'm going crazy knowing those dishes are there and need to be washed.

My Family is doing well. My dad went back to work and is feeling well. He lost five pounds this last week and my mom, Courtney and I all lost about two pounds. Yay for us! That is our past week. Hopefully in the near future I'm going to post a web video. I thought it would be fun to post a video of myself. My friend Nate explained how to do it. I hope I can get it to work. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I would have done the dishes...but Courtney turned the water off on me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the good old days when we'd get together at your place for food and games....

    Did you see the Stewarts in the November General Conference Ensign?

    ReplyDelete