Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Beginnings

It's this time of year that many people, including myself, reflect on the past year. It is in those reflections that we are able to see our losses, failures and also see the struggles we have overcome and successes we have had. As we look back we often see areas in our lives we wish we could have done better and resolve to do so in the year to follow. It is around this time I reflect on a quote by Elder Russell M. Ballard.
“I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life.”
I had a goal this last year to blog once every week. I'm proud to say that I did it. Some weeks I wrote more than once other weeks I forgot to write or didn't have the time. In the end I did it and am happy that I stuck with it. The point of this post is that all of us have something we would like to improve in ourselves. I know that if we set realistic goals and work toward them with patience and perseverance, we will look back at the end of each year and at the end of our lives having more fully reached our potential. Doing this will bring more peace and happiness into our lives. I wish you all the best in achieving your goals this year! May we all become a little bit better than we were last year. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment