Saturday, September 22, 2012

I did it!!!

Remember earlier this year when I had announced that I had made a goal to run a 5k? Well, I did it! Today actually! It took me about an hour, but I did it! Why did it take so long, you might ask. Well, this wasn't a traditional 5k. It is called the dirty dash. Click the link to go to their website and watch some videos! It has uphill portions, but not just uphill. It had uphill in slippery mud. It had downhills. It has obstacles like huge hay bales stacked high, climbing walls to get over, balance beams to cross, mud pits to wade through, swamps to traverse and water slides to conquer. I'm proud to say I have survived! 

Thanks to the Stuarts inviting me to do this race, I have accomplished a goal I set for myself this year in style! Enjoy the pictures!

Cory and I pre-race determined to conquer the course!

Me admiring Cory's fierce determination and awesome facial hair!

Jackson and I pre-race! He is getting so big!

Me diving into the the biggest and baddest mud pool just before the finish line!


I'm there underneath all that mud I promise.

Me climbing the final mud slope hurdle to the finish. Can you see me? I'm the one closest to the camera!

I did it! The dirty dash 5k!!

Cory did the 10k and made sure to slide in every mud hole he came across!

Me after my cold hose down and Cory reveling in the his muddiness!

1 comment: