Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Am I weird???

Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem?

 Whenever someone asks how I'm doing or how my family is doing, I always feel like an answer more than 'Okay' is deserved. However, I then come up with random things to say that are boring and awkward to listen to let alone say.

Someone called me this evening and asked that very question. My answer, 'We have been getting a lot of rain and everything is greening up and plants are blooming!' REALLY!? Really!? I could have mentioned Court is getting ready for finals and almost lost a semesters worth of work by spilling a glass of water on her computer. I could have pointed out that Jackson is getting his last teeth before his two year molars and has become quite the explorer. I could have said something more interesting that would actually be valuable to share. But no I spit something out about the weather.

Please say I am not the only one who does this.

1 comment:

  1. I usually don't respond with random things, I just give really short answers and then stand there awkwardly. Or redirect to them. It's not the same, but the result is probably more awkwardness, so I understand.

    ReplyDelete