Sunday, August 15, 2010

Heartbroken

Sorry. When you are gone for a month you have a lot to catch up on. I prmise this is my last blog for about another week or so.

Recently, I received an email from a friend with a link to an article about the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints(Mormons). Below is the link.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/in-new-tv-ad-campaign-mormons-pitch-message-to-middle-america

The article was pretty accurate. I had the feeling that the writer truly thinks the new advertising for the church was really only to prepare for Mitt Romney to run for President again. It is not true.

The thing that really bothered me were the comments afterward. I only made it through about 20 before I was literally sick to my stomach. I couldn't believe that people could be so crude and inappropriate. Some comments were not supported by truth. Some were sad truths. People make mistakes, nobody is perfect. I don't expect people to agree with our beliefs. I don't expect everyone to like us. However, I do expect that people treat us respectfully. I try to treat others with respect. I'm not perfect and if I have offended anyone I will personally apologize and try to make it right.

If you ever have questions about what we believe as members of this church, don't hesitate to ask me. I'd love to explain what we believe. If there ever comes a time when people are saying inappropriate things about yours or others beliefs, I hope that all of us will be able to stand up and demand that everyone is treated with the same respect we would expect for ourselves. I'm grateful for all my friends growing up who treated me respectfully. I hope that they felt that respect in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment