- Has 8 teeth, 4 on top and 4 on bottom! He got his 7th tooth around mid-December and the 8th one popped through right at the end of the month.
- Is sleeping at least 11 hours at night (sometimes almost 12)!
- Loves making different noises! He's been growling for a little while, but it was always in his throat. Being in CT over Christmas, he learned how to growl with his mouth open and thinks it is hilarious when he gives me a big growl and I act scared. He also likes to blow raspberries and has recently started spitting when he is upset at something. He loves hearing animal sounds, especially cats after being at my parents' house, and laughs every time we "meow". He also started smacking his lips together.
- Still loves to wave and is now clapping his hands. It isn't uncommon for him to clap (and want us to clap) after each bite of food
- Is still mostly eating pureed baby food. He is a pretty picky eater and if he doesn't like the texture of something he spits it right out. However, he discovered chicken nuggets and veggie straws over Christmas and LOVES them!
- Holds his own bottle most of the time. When he doesn't feel like holding his bottle, he holds my hand while I hold his bottle and it totally melts my heart :)
- Loves to play peek-a-boo! It is his favorite game to play while we change his diaper. He uses his pants to cover his face, or he just pulls his arms over his face and plays. It helps keep him from rolling all over the place while we change him.
- Isn't crawling yet. He is really good at getting where he wants to go by rolling, scooting, and pulling himself around with his arms, and last night he scooted forward by pulling his knees up and using his elbows, so we are getting there!
- Is getting pretty good at standing against furniture
- Is talking a lot! He loves to say "mama" and "dada," and usually if we ask him to say one, he says the other.
- Grabs, pulls, and eats EVERYTHING! Anything that is within reach of Jackson is not safe and will either end up in his mouth or on the floor. He especially loves chewing on plastic water bottles and cups.
- Is turning into quite the little flirt. He likes to smile at random people everywhere we go. He also pretends to act shy and he tilts his head to the side and gives the cutest looks!
Here are some fun pictures of Jackson from last month!
|Jackson got his first big bump last month! He had a toy in his hand while waving his hands all around and it flew in the air and bumped him in the head. Poor guy!|
|LOVE that smile!|
|Loves to play with his Mickey and will occasionally just pull it on his lap. He also loves to stack things and knock down towers that we have built.|
|Jackson loves toys that make noise :)|
|Growling at mommy :)|
|We call this one the "creeper" look.|
|Driving the car with daddy!|
This next set of pictures is a funny story ... Jackson has figured out how to get his snack containers open with his teeth. Well, last week in the two minute drive from his babysitter's house to our house, Jackson got his puff container open, dumped them out in a pile between his legs, and was furiously shoving them in his mouth with a huge grin when we pulled into our garage. Silly boy!!
|Caught with the empty container ... notice the pile of puffs between his legs :)|