Sunday, March 20, 2011

Explanation / объяснение

Recently I posted in Russian. Let me explain. I received a challenge a while back to post on the internet in Russian. The purpose of which was to be a presence of good on the internet for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to all those who speak Russian. There aren't a lot of members of the church in Russia as well as neighboring Russian speaking countries. Recently, a good friend of mine who served in Samoa and learned to speak Samoan also challenged me to do the same. He is a lot better than me at posting in Samoan. So this is an attempt to be a source of good for the church on the web for them and to take the challenge I've been given.

Also, Google just added a transliteration thing for posts that allows me to type in English letters to sound out Russian words. It is hard to do but fun and forces me to practice my Russian so I don't completely forget it. Last time some friends of mine translated it and using an online translator and it came out all funny and some words didn't translate at all because I spelled them wrong. My mother-in-law asked Court if I knew that she couldn't read it. Haha! So from now on I will have an English translation with the Russian translation so that all will be happy and understand together. For now it will be just the piece below.

I know that Jesus is the Christ. He is our Savior and Redeemer. He lives and loves us.
Я знаю щто Исис есть Xристос. Он наш спацитель и искупитель. Он жив и любит нас. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment